Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to group Records???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad2

Programmer
Jan 9, 2002
US
I have few invoices for the customer in History Talble In report i need to display only customer with balance due.I group all records by customer ID.Now i can calculate all total for the custome and everything works correct.
The problem is: i can not sort all customers alphabetically.

How i can Group records by CustomerID and in the same time sort them alphabetically?

Thanks for any help

If you go ahead and group by Customer Name, and place the Customer ID in the group header, your sort should work fine.
This assumes you do not have more than one customer ID with the same name.

The second alternative is to customize your groupname field to be equal to the Customer name. In the desgin window, right click on the group footer and select change group. Under group options, select the "customize group name" checkbox, choose from esisting field, and point it to the Customer Name field.

Please let me know if you have any qiestions. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I am not sure what you mean...is CustomerID unique to each customer or does each ID represent a group of customer types

If customerID is not unique to a customer then simpley follow the customerID group with a group based on Customer name but suppress the headers and footers for that Group

Or

Alternatively and probably better....go to the Record|Sort menu and add the CustomerName field to the list
Jim

JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back