Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to group an emergency number to conference in multiple telephones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33tlucid

Technical User
Jul 9, 2009
US
Hello!

I'm looking for some help on the best way to do this. We have an internal emergency number that, when dialed, rings on two telephones via a bridged connection. When this happens, only one of the extensions is able to pick up and it immediately stops the ringing on the second telephone. I know they can pick up and connect to that number and bridge in by pressing a button on their phone, but we all know how customers/users are. What I'm wondering, is if there is a way to have the phone call ring both extensions and when one answers have it continue to ring the second extension and conference them in when they pick up. Is this possible through hunt grouping? Vectoring? Converage pathing? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

maybe this otion in special applications
BA8893

Blast Conference
This special application allows an endpoint to dial a single number and ha
ve
Communication
Manager
call to up to 8 other pre
-
administered endpoints, conferencing them all together.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Have some pink, great suggestion as long as he has the software level that will support this as he did not mention his software level

Alright. We don't have that special application active on our switch. Thank you for the suggestion though.

As joe says type the above command look for the application and turn it on.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Very good suggestion, but we don't have change system-parameters special applications as a valid command. Only thing that looks close enough is features, but couldn't locate it in that menu. The display system-parameters special applications is the only thing I see and it shows SA8893 set to n.

ok if the change command is not there you must be below R5.2.1 software this feature can still be purchased from Avaya or your BP if required , other than that I don't see a way of the conferencing them in as you wish , there is the meet me conf feature but that is not going to work for you have a woird with Avayatier3 maybe he can help activating the feature

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back