Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to go for publication of a new SDLC model

Status
Not open for further replies.

meetarchna

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
IN
Hi All
I am in process of having a new SDLC process model addressing certain issues and risks coming with the existing models available . I have had the hypothesis with me but if i want to get it published , verified , validated what sought of approach i would take to move further in these lines. whether i need to consult some organization /institution ?
Thanks in advance

Meetarchna,

Presumably you have developed this new SDLC model because you feel that it is better than the wide range of existing models. You also want people to review it and adopt it as much as possible.

To get to this stage, you need to be able to prove why it is better, ideally with case studies and comparisons of the same development project managed under your SDLC and others. Once you have the metrics to support your model, then you can publish the results and take your findings to any large to medium sized consulting or development organisation.

Be aware that many organisations make a large investment in their development processes and SDLC models. The cost of change can be very high and the time to achieve it very slow in large companies. If you have empirical proof that your model will save an organisation money, reduce risk or improve quality (and these all reduce to money for big companies), then you will get some serious interest.

Best of luck,
Clive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back