Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to go about accepting credit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebeetoo

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
CA
I usually do static websites with ASPs etc. However I have got a contract to update a website and also enable acceptance of credit cards for transactions which would exceed 1000 US dollars.

The clients business is based in Toronto Canada.

Any suggestions how I should go about this?

I don't envy you. I did a lot of research on merchant accounts and payment gateways before finally settling on Total Merchant Services and Authorize.Net. There are a lot of providers out there, and its a jungle trying to make your way through the underbrush (also called "marketing information") to find the key data to compare fees and rates.

On the technical side, I think gateways like Authorize.Net and the others provide documentation on how to hook into them. Fortunately for me, my e-commerce software came with that capability. -----------------
Robert Bradley
use coupon code "TEKTIPS" for 15% off at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back