Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to give the shinning effect ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovehuman

Technical User
Apr 17, 2001
SG
I am new to flash and trying to give shinning effect to the dot in "i" in my flash movie. How to accomplish that? I want that "i" to shine after every few frames.

Any ideas guys?

use that link and go down to # 9 on the right side..text glint..
e.gif

virtuality2001@aol.com

Hi, Thanks for the great link. It will solve lot of my problems. But what I want is to give the shinning effect to the dot at the top of "i". And that too star like shinning.

couldn't you just make the dot a movie clip with the text glint effect tweening back and fourth for a couple of frames..move the clip in to your main timeline and it will appear to be shining..
e.gif

virtuality2001@aol.com

If it's just a pulsating dot he wants... What about your clock dots or pulsating main light virt?

You could also design a rotating star mc and just put it over your dot! Or even use an animated gif!

;-)

i thought of the pulsating aswell but i thought it would be better to use that effect with like a white or silver tweening object in the mask..would give it a nice shining effect..but i guess he will have to specify more clearly what he wants..if he just wants the dot to pulsate well thats even easier..
e.gif

virtuality2001@aol.com

Hi,

Actually I am new to flash. Yes even if the dot pulsate, it will be fine.

well either in the main time line or in a movieclip make the dot tween for a couple frames alpha 0% to alpha 99% or how ever you want it to look..oh yeh and i found out that if you do it in a movie clip you have to make the tween as long as your fps or it will blink to fast..
e.gif

virtuality2001@aol.com

Thanks Virt2001 and oldnewbie. Yes, thats exactly what I wanted. But i'll try to make the dot bigger

Thanks

WOW thats really cool. What else can be done with text???

probably about anything you could think of..that's my problem..there's so much you can do it's hard to make up your mind..how'd the painting go?.
e.gif

virtuality2001@aol.com

This is mind blowing guys ! Really these effects are great. Thank you so much for the links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back