Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to give the path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viskin

Programmer
Sep 18, 2001
US
Hi
Could anyone tell me how to specify the path fo my problem::
I have a servlet running on a computer with IP address 123.123.123.12 . This servlet has a Java script included in it. THe prupose of this script is to provide a drop down menu which in turn accesses a static HTML page residin in another computer with IP address 234.345.234.23. Say the folder is test1/test2/hi.html
The 234.345.234.23 comuter does not have a server in it so i cannot place the html files in the htdocs folder.
But if i give the IP address it searches for the servlet folders or the htdocs folder and so I am not able to access the page at all.
Could someone please tell me how to give the path I need to specify in my script to access this html page.
Thankyou
vishnu

Hi,
I don't know exactly which server are you using. But i think you should put the file in the server directory in the remote server computer. For ex if you are using a Java Web Server then you should put this file in the folder public_html inside the JavaWebServer directory. Or, say if you are using the IBM Websphere then you should put the file in hosts directory.

Try doing this i think it will solve your problem.You cannot put the file on your PC and run it on the server but it has to be inside some server.

Regards,

Noorul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back