Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to give a customer EWT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blar2596

Technical User
May 5, 2004
US
We are looking to get the customer the estimated wait. Currently there are steps in the cct's that say "EST WAIT TIME AP x<180 goto announcement" for each timeframe we want them to hear something. This is all fine and good however it seems that this is not reading the newly queued caller gets the wait time of the last caller that has just hung up, so if you called in after a 10 min on hold call you get the 10 on hold message even though you may only have a 1 min wait. Is there any way to offer the held caller some sort of idea that they have an approximate wait?

The Aspect uses a calculation based on the most recent average wait (rolling 5 minutes I believe), and a few other things. However, I've never seen any of them get very close.

As a rule, and after much experimenting, we encourage our clients to avoid EWT announcments, or keep them very vague. (ie. < 5 minutes, or the like)

I've seen a few IVRs that do a decent job of this, but they're few and far between. There are just too many variables to account for, unless you have a very stable average handle time, constant call volume, and constant staff volume.

There is a solution offered by Virtual Hold Technologies that will work with Aspect. It's a pretty slick system. It will give you the estimated wait time, but it goes one step further. The caller can put a placeholder in queue and receive an automatic call back rather than sit there listening to hold music.

McGruff, I've heard of that, but haven't had a chance to test it or see it in action yet. Is it easy to work with? Also, what kind of data does it trigger if it uses a call back option? I'm assuming the original call would show as abandoned, plus an outgoing?

We don't have it on site here. My first experience with it was with Moen faucets. In short, I made a call to Moen and the system told me the estimated wait was 22 minutes. The system then offered me the option to remain on the line, receive a call back within the estimated current wait time, or schedule a more convenient time for the call back (I.E. I would be away from my desk in a meeting in 15 minutes so I would miss the call at 22 minutes). Once I received the call back from Moen, it told me I was next in queue and offered me the choice to connect, re-schedule for a later time, or cancel completely.

I don't believe the system would count that as an abandoned call because it is being handled by the system (Unless I hung up without even setting the schedule). You can see more about it at There is even a demo line set up. Place your pointer over the phone icon on the top right for the number to call. There is more information at

I had the same discussion with the Pres. of VHT. I was quite impressed with him since the Sales rep wasn't able to explain to me the details. He reached out to all of their consultants yet no one was available for a quick conf call, then he called Mark, whom I later found out was the President of VHT.

My main concern was the same that it would leave an aban record on the Aspect, however, the way this thing works is you send the call thru a pass thru CCT, if you will, for VHT, for each queue. The pass thru CCt kicks off the CTI steps and depending on hold time conditions, goes to the default agent CCT or if there is hold time, goes to the CCT you create for VHT.

Essentially, this eliminates the aban situation since the process takes place outside of the Agent CCT.

Sorry, forgot to include reply to the original question of Aspect EWT. You can pull CON194 from Aspect's eServices, but basically, they don't even recommend using their EWT to speak back to the caller. Like Moebius01, I haven't found one that's truly accurate, and all these vendors claim their patented calculation are the most accurate. Even with VHT, they include the Workforce Management side into their calculation to look at the staffing level at the time of the call, but I haven't really tested it to say whether VHT's EWT is truly accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back