Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to getting rid of a corrupted ole data ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raminriahi

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
US
Hi All,

I have a Access 2000 table with an OLE(embeded) field of word document. One of the records has a corrupted entry for this field (in datasheet mode, it shows "OLE Object" while it shows "Microsoft Word Document" for the others). when i focus to the field it gives me the error "Microsoft Jet Database Engine stopped the process...you and another user are attempting to change the data at the same time" even when i'm the only user of the database.

How can i delete the content of the field for this given record? I tried to do it by utilizing "Compact and repair database service" but it ruined everything (of course i had a backup copy :) )

Please help if you know what i'm going through!

Thanks a bunch,

Ramin

This is due to the long value data in that column. You can go through MS article specially written for this issue.
Jet database engine error

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back