Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get voice mail light on a Option11C from a Definity G3/Intuity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenificent1

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
Hi.

Right now I have an Option 11C connected to a Definity G3si via a 24-channel T1 tie line (TMDI). I have an extension where the DID and voicemail box reside in the G3 and Intuity but the phone is on the Option 11; how can I get the voicemail lamp to light on a 3904 connected to the Option 11C?

Thanks

I've worked on Nortel for several years and recently got Name and Number between the Nortel and Avaya without QSIG.

Anyway, unfortunately without QSIG, you can't turn on a message light because there is no feature code to activate a message lamp, unlike on the Avaya.

Hope this helps...

Kris

>...and recently got Name and Number between the Nortel and Avaya without QSIG.<

Care to share how? Was it with PRI or without?

Thanks
Mike

PRI was required, but qsig was not. When I get to work, I'll post the config of the Nortel and the Avaya.

Kris

OK, the PBX has to be Rel 25.40 where NI-2 NAME DISPLAY is a new feature. Set up the span as NI-2. I just realized the config doesn't print very well here. Anyone interested in the configs, e-mail me and I'll be happy to send the config to you.

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back