Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get the "Find" control to pop up in excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjk238

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
US
Hello,

I am trying to get the "Find and Replace" control (ctrl + f) to pop up when the user clicks on a command button. The button is embedded into an Excel workbook. I also would like the control to be opened with the options shown and the "Within" field to be selecting workbook.

I have tried to record a macro to do this, but it doesn't record anything. I hope that this is possible and I apologize if it's something easy that I am overlooking. Thanks!!

JJ

I'd use xlDialogFormulaReplace find_text, replace_text, look_at, look_by, active_cell, match_case, match_byte

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I have been experimenting with using a button to to popup the Find or Replace dialog boxes, and have discovered that using the button seems to disable using the Edit menu to open the Find or Replace dialog box, not just on the sheet with the button, but the entire workbook.

When the workbook is first opened, the Edit menu works as usual, until the button is clicked once, and then only the button will open the Find or Replace dialog on any sheet.

It seems like the Edit menu should still work...
Is there something that you have to do make the VBA code release control of the dialog box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back