Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to get text from window

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickEp

Programmer
Sep 5, 2001
US
I am new to this so need some guidance.

I would like to get the text out of a window/applet. Is there a way (not too complicated) to do this?

Example: in the Control Panel is the System applet. In that is the System Properties. How can I get the information about the Processor Type and/or
Expansion Slots and/or Memory, etc.?

Thanks
E

Take a look at the source code for the latest Windows CE .NET 5.0 (evaluation version is a free download from Microsoft). You'll find it in \WINCE500\PUBLIC\WCESHELLFE\OAK\CTLPNL\CPLMAIN\SYSTEM.CPP. You'll find that to populate the System properties, they use not only some standard API calls like GetSystemInfo() and GetVersionEx(), but also some less documented Kernel API calls like KernelIOControl for the processor stuff. The memory configuration comes from another Kernel API, GetSystemMemoryDivision();

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back