Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get started...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader49

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2007
US
We are starting to deploy various SAN solutions across our enterprise. Sadly, I don't know the first thing about them. I was wondering if someone could suggest a good place to start or maybe a site to check out to at least get a foundation for what I might be workng with.

I can point you to the brocade san design guide,this way you will learn about the infrastructure needed for san,as well as topologies.

For futher info I would refer to the site of the storage vendor you are working with.Each storage solution has its own technology behind it.

rgds,

R.

You should also try the Storage Networking Industry Association ( which has many tutorials on the basics on a variety of SAn topics

If you've selected your vendor already then definetly make good use of them. We use Dell/EMC Clariions and both Dell and EMC can't do enough to help us (SANs have big margins on them I guess ;) ). You should get some training bundled into the SAN purchase to in case your company is reluctant afterwards to invest in your training...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back