Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get rid of the logon icons in Windows 2008 Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktck

Technical User
Feb 9, 2009
SG
Hi,

I am having 2 Windows 2008 servers.

On server A, i get the logon icons (no ctrl alt del) which i need to click before a login prompt will appear. On server B, i just have to press Ctrl Alt Del to reach the login prompt. i want server A logon to behave like server B. Both of them are on the same domain.

I have been going through GPEdit, Local Security Policy and even down to registry editing, at most i can get the Ctrl Alt Del to appear in server A, but once i press Ctrl Alt Del, it shows the logon icons, which again, i need to click before i get the login prompt.

Anyone have any other ideas on this?

I have the same problem, and am working on it. If I figure it out, I'll post my answer. Did you check in Control Panel, User Accounts? That's where it was in W2K3.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Hi,

I have exhuasted all possible venues, from GUI config to registry edits, just short of going into the Windows code (as if we can reach there...haha).

There is only one major difference between the two server hardware. Server A has a fingerprint reader, Server B doesn't.

Do you have a fingerprint reader on your hardware as well? If you do, I might wish to try to remove the driver and compare the results. At the moment, I need it to access Server A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back