Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get rid of spyaxe malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

thugpoet22

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
Just recently i have acquired a program called spyaxe. I dont remember ever installing it. There is a icon that blinks near my clock down at the bottom, its a small globe that usually indicates that there is a windows update, but this one blinks to show and x and then back to the globe with the windows logo. When i do click on it it launches this program called spyaxe. It states that i have a virus on my system that that spyaxe is the solution. I ran spybot and ad aware and also a program called stinger to take this program off my system. I was hoping that someone else might have experienced this say problem and might have a solution. If there are any out there please post, thanks in advance.

A few things you could do. You could download ewido from the link below , run a full system scan in safe mode.

You can also run this online scan and do a full system scan with it as well.

Once you have ran either or both as I would reccomend, download hijackthis from the link below. Extract to desktop or prefered folder. Open it, choose do a system scan and save a logfile and post the logfile on here. Unless your absolutely sure of what your doing dont check anything on it for most items are legit.

goto this link below, half way down the page you will find a link for smitrem.exe, use this, i have used it and it worked fine.

All you need to do is extract the contents, reboot in safe mode, run the bat file, and then its gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back