Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to get rid of setup error msg....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver76

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001

Good day,

I created the setup package using package and deployment by Visual Studio, my program was created using Vbasic6. But when i install it in my computer (win98 OS) I always receive this msg.

The file 'C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/msftqws.pdw/(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered because it was not found.

note: i still use Dao 3.5 as my datacontrol to connect to my MsAccess database...

Where did i go wrong...:)

thanks in advance...

oliver

Was the app developed on a '98 or earlier machine? You will often get anomalies when installing on a machine with an older OS than the dev machine.

Otherwise the most common problem seems to be with different versions of the MSCalendar control, but there are a number of other known issues with P&DW which are recognised in the MS Knowledgebase. Try going to:

and pasting 'msftqws.pdw' in the search box.

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

johnwm,

yes, the app was created in win98. When i install in winxp it gives me the error msg....
'C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/msftqws.pdw/(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered because it was not found.

thanx....thanx....thanx....

oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back