Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get resizing working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetinari

Technical User
Jan 28, 2003
DE
I have a page which i want to do the following with.

It must be one frame for a start.
At the top there needs to be a fixed sized picture (no problem).
At the bottom there needs to be a fixed size bit of text (must always be at the bottom even if the browser is resized).
The middle bit is just a picture, this can be resized to enable the other 2 bits to be fixed.

Any tips on how to do this would be useful. The main problem i am having is getting the bottom bit to not resize and always be at the nottom of the page.

You need to put the text in a table (of 1 row and 1 column) and then make sure the table width is set to 100%, not to some pixel value (i.e. 400px). The html looks something like this (lifted from vs.NET template):

<TABLE id=&quot;Table1&quot; style=&quot;TABLE-LAYOUT: auto; Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 8px; POSITION: static; TOP: 8px; HEIGHT: 27px&quot; cellSpacing=&quot;1&quot; cellPadding=&quot;1&quot; width=&quot;100%&quot; align=&quot;center&quot;>

I believe this is the quickest way to accomplish your task
cheers Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back