Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get "Sender" to show up in Explorer for Outlook messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asp3232

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
Hi all,

Since this is a question related to Windows Explorer, I hope this is the correct forum!

In trying to make my Outlook messages more bearable, I wanted to try to save the individual messages directly on the disk in their own directory (rather than using .pst files). Outlook lets me drag the messages directly to an explorer window showing the directory I want, and copies the message there using the subject field of the message as the file name. So far, so good.

However, there is no way to see who the message was from or when it was sent (the file date is the date it was created in the file system).

In Explorer the "View->Choose Columns" has options for "Sender Name" and a bunch of other things, but when I select this option, nothing shows up.

Any thoughts on how to make this work?

Thanks!

asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back