Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get PID

Status
Not open for further replies.

burtsbees

Programmer
Jan 29, 2007
US
I don't think Insight Manager gets this, just the serial. Does anyone know how to get the PID from a Compaq server through the system? Sometimes when I audit a customer's equipment, I find that I have to tear it apart to audit the internal components, because they've ripped the front tag off. If I had a PID, I could go to HP's site and plug in the serial and PID, and get the original config---it would save me tons of headaches. I have been not so successful (maybe twice?) going in OARS and crossing the middle part of the serial number and going to Standard Models and getting a PID that way.
This is ONE (just one) thing Dell has over HP that I like---with Dell, you just need the service tag for the original config...

Burt

If your HP server has the Proliant Support Pack on it, you should be able to find the PID by going to in a browser and once you have authenticated (domain admin or local admin ID), it should tell you the PID under System Configuration / System Summary

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Cool,I'll try that. A lot of our customers don't have any of that stuff loaded, though...

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back