Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to get my Access-Application on my homepage? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johny

Programmer
May 5, 2000
AT
want to transform my Access-Application (with a lot of Visual-Basic-Code) so that anybody could use it on my homepage.
what do i have to do? do i have to write the complete Visual-Basic-Code in another language? (hope not ;-)) [sig][/sig]

Access 2000 comes with Active Data Pages. I wouldn't use them personally as they are crap.
Getting the data onto your homepage can be done with ASP (Active Server Pages). If you use Access 2000 and use the ADO object model rather than (or as well as) DAO then using ASP is 'fairly' simple.
You will, however need to ensure that your ISP uses Internet Information Server - otherwise the ASP that you write will not be understood by the server.
Even with ASP though, you'll have to redesign the forms and code any functionality behind them. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back