Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get listed/update my site on Yahoo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartiums

Technical User
Feb 22, 2005
GB
Does anyone know a way to get ALL my pages listed with yahoo and what is the best way and quickest way - whether paid or preferably free....

When I search for my site on Yahoo - my homepage appears:

Spartium Gifts
offers a range of gift baskets, jewelry, flowers, and executive gifts.
Category: Gift Retailers

However that is no longer the title or description of my homepage - and it isn't getting updated.

Also, none of the other pages of my site are listed with Google...

Thanks, Teeny

How can I put this nicely ?

When you start to create your OWN content your site will start to do better once again.

Your pages are slowly being filtered out of results because of the duplication. This is what happens to affiliate site who simply scrape or use the exact same text from the parent site. Search engines simply do not want dozens of pages of the same stuff cluttering up the SERPs, so unless the query is very specific ie: a sentence in quotes, it will be filtered out.
In your very first thread here I said about affiliates being filtered out of the results and here we are 5 months on and no further forward. Forget about link pop for now (other thread today) with only duplicate content you will need 10,000+ links for any improvement in Google and it will only get worse in Yahoo and MSN, And with Yahoo once the filtering starts it can be very difficult to recover.

Now obviously you are free to take or ignore any advice given, but without you making your product descriptions a lot less duplicated the situation is going to get a lot worse.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks Chris - I will work on making my content unique - will that mean that Yahoo will then list me automatically - without me having to do anything else?

Thanks, Teeny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back