Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to get Flowchart/documentation on existing project 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrician

Programmer
May 8, 2002
US
Hello everyone

Q. Can anyone recommend a tool that reverse engineers visual basic source code projects?

reason: I've just been landed with a lot of VB projects written by people who no longer work in the company. The projects have no documentation or comments in the code, they seem to have been written in such a way as to make them incredibly complex. So. what I am looking to do is create documentation/flowcharts from the projects themselves. I would rather not read all the code to find out how it all fits together, this could take rest of my lifetime, but use some sort of automated tool to provide an outline of how the projects fit together.

Thanks in advance

I believe rational rose (name spelling??) is what you are looking for or you can create your own with MS Visio if you are looking to create flowcharts from code.

Microsoft Visio might do what you are wanting to do i think the retail pro verdsion is 200 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back