Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get Calling Line ID for analog (500 set) IVR ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinyL

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2007
GB
We'd like to help a client get Calling Line ID (i.e the telephone number of the calling party - where available) for use by an IVR system which gets its calls on analogue extensions.

The IVR also has an (Ethernet) LAN conection and could therefore connect to CC6 I think? But no doubt there is much more to it than just establishing a LAN connection.

They have a CS1000 on one site and an 81C on another site. Both sites have CC6.

The CLID is only required for an IVR service that (currently) runs on a single IVR port at each site.

The IVR's extensions are analog (500 set)agents and are aquired by CC6.

Is there a method of getting the CLID in a fairly simple way? We have inhouse programming expertise - but would much like to avoid the steep learning curve of a new API such as TAPI etc.

A simple software object which the IVR could query when it saw ringing would be ideal - but any other ideas also much appreciated.

Any suggestions as to how to achieve this?

Thanks so much for any help.

One additional though from Tinyl:

We are almost Nortel virgins! So please don't assume we know anything about what is possible / available.

Thanks

We have a setup much like you have described. We use Genesys which communicates with the switch through Symposium link. Genesys then passes the information to the IVR. Someone here may correct me, but the only way I know to get ANI/DNIS/CLID information to the IVR from the PBX/Symposium is to have a TAPI server. In our case, the Genesys T-Server fits this role.

Thanks for that mte0910.

I was kind of suspecting that a piece of "middleware" would be the solution.

What a shame it doesn't seem to be easy!

If anyone else knows of some "middleware" or another way forward - that would be great.

Tinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back