Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get button clicked value from system generated error message in Excel vba

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxschech

Technical User
Jul 11, 2002
US
Maybe not using the right search terms, was wondering how to get what the user clicked on when a system error message happens or do I need to build my own message box and trap for the error. Since the system generated message gives the user the option of yes, no or cancel, I thought I could get the value of what they clicked on without having to write out a message box and error handling. Intellisense only seems to get the error number and message, didn't see an option for getting vbyes, vbno or vbcancel.

Hi,

You'll get better results posting in forum707.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Ok, will repost there. Thought since it was excel rather than access to post here, but guess that vba is the determining factor.

Access VBA has its own forum. Forum707 is for VBA for every other MS Application, including Excel.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back