Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get a combo box in a toolbar like in MS Word? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalchri

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
US
Does anyone know how I can place a combo box control in a toolbar? The example that I am thinking of is the Style, Font, and Font Size combo boxes that you see in the MS Word application.

I have noticed that the toolbar in MS Word looks more like a coolbar than a toolbar but the coolbar has a one control limitation per band object. This limitation does not allow me to mix toolbar buttons and combo box controls in the same band.

Any suggestions are appreciated, even if it is just confirmation that Microsoft has its own little tools that we VB programmers aren't privy to. At least that will let me know to stop looking for a solution and shoot for an alternative.

Thanks.

it is not possible to place combobox or any such objects eg textbox(es) on atoolbar. try using coolbar which has much advanced features than a toolbar. best of luck

Silver,
From the docs
"You can create space for other controls on the toolbar by assigning a Button object the PlaceHolder style, then positioning a control over the placeholder. For example, to place a drop-down combo box on a toolbar at design time, add a Button object with the PlaceHolder style and size it as wide as a ComboBox control. Then place a ComboBox control on the placeholder."

I've also placed a combobox on the toolbar after all the buttons with no problem. It is a container control after all. Generate Forms/Controls Resizing/Tabbing Class
Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort Class in VB or VBScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back