Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get 7-digit extension to dial over ISDN-PRI trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdoqq

Technical User
Feb 7, 2013
CH
Hello,

I have a question according dialing with 7-digit extensions through ISDN-PRI trunk.

I have two sites:

1. City A(extensions - 380xxxx)
2. City B(extensions - 38479xx)

This 2 sites are connected to our corporate VPN-cloud.

I want to configure IGAR / DPT and when our corporate network is unavaliable to route all calls (7-digit extensions) through PSTN lines.

I have a question how to organize calls with IGAR / DPT to call only on one extension per site. Example:

Call from City B to City A by ext - 380xxxx routes all calls to reception full number (044)-490-78-00.
Call from City A to City B by ext - 38479xx routes all calls to reception full number (056)-230-78-00.

Thanks!

On your network region page 2 or 3 are the IGAR/DPT settings. There are fields similar to what's in a route pattern where you can manipulate digits. There's no issue with a 7 digit extension making an outbound call.. IGAR is pretty much used if you exceed your CAC.. DPT is to preserve your internal dialing structure in the event of a system going into a survivable mode. The number assigned in your network region would make a call to the number assigned in the other network region. You'll have to play with the deletion/insert digits section and run traces as you test.

Thank you for the answer,

But I want to know how to route all calls on short extensions to one public number, dialed 3807736 - to +380(44)4907800 and dialed 3807737/38/39/40 - also to +380(44)4907800. I mean that all extension pull (like: 3807700 to 3807799) should be dailed and routed to one public number +380(44)4907800 in case when corporate network is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back