Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to generate running total for a group of running totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatawna

Programmer
Feb 24, 2004
US
I'm using Crystal Report 9. The report is grouped by exam date and then by doctor. I have running total (A) for each doctor to show how many exams they have done on each exam date. In the report footer, I want to show how many exams each doctor has done in the period specified in Record Selection.

How do you formulate the running total for the report footer that sums all running totals ((A) - mentioned above) for each doctor? Or is there a better way to calculate the running total for the report footer?

Thanks.

If I'm following you, there is no need for running totals. You can just insert a distinctcount on visitID (or whatever field you use to identify a visit) at the doctor group level. In the report footer, you can insert a crosstab that uses doctor as the row and date as the column field, and distinctcount of visitID as the summary.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back