Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to generate oracle sequence using Database Designer Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Apr 8, 2001
LK
I created Entity Relationship Diagram.I can generate Table relavant to that every entity.(using Database Design Transformer).Normaly the Database Design Transformer tries to find a suitable unique key that can be used as the primary key. If it cannot find one, it creates a surrogate primary key.it create sequence for that surrogate key.But I didn't want that.I want generate sequence only the attribute that have primary key.how can i do

The Design Transformer only creates sequences for surrogate primary keys that it creates. If you want any other sequences, you'll have to use the Design Editor and create them yourself. You will also have to attach your sequences to any keys that you want them to populate. This can't be done through a wizard - you need to use the property sheet for the column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back