Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to ge tthis picture effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topic

MIS
Mar 11, 2005
US
The video i am showing you has the effect i would like to achieve. I know this is a video but it is possible with picture i just forgot the correct name...Now the effect i am trying to reach is when the video turns dark and the edges of the video fade into black. It seems like the colors are cooled down and then some sort of a fade is applied. If anybody knows this technique please let me know or even if you know just the name of it let me know and i will try and research it on line, thank you.

here is the video...

Just a vignette.

Place a layer over your image.

Fill with black

Draw a elipitcal marque, or a square or whatever shape you want.

Then choose Select>Feather, choose an appopriate feather size (you may need to experiment with this)

Still on the new layer, with the marquee on the black, press delete.

You can press delete more than once.

If you don't want to delete it all and leave a screen of black over it, so that it changes the image colour underneath, then choose the layer mask option (button on the layers panel) and with the mask selected (it appears as an icon beside the layer, select it and make sure theres a black frame around it that shows it's selected) Then set your swatches to Default, and double click the black swatch. Change the percentage to 40% or something, just black, all the rest to 0%. Then press delete.

Black takes from the mask, White adds to the mask. Check out layer mask tutorials.

Play around and happy vignetting.

Topic
Glad you got your problem sorted with the help of a member of Tek Tips. In such circumstances on these forums, it is considered good etiquette to award a purple splatty thing to the memeber who helped you.

Keith

i just gave him one and ur got one too. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back