Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to forward voice mail from one extension to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktop

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
CA
Hi,

If a certain extension doesn't answer, I would like it to go to a different voice mail extension.

For example: someone phones to extension 240. If it doesn't answer, I would like it to go to voice mail at extension 230.

Would I be able to delete voicemail 240 after this is done?

It might help to know what type of phone system you have (cics, mics, 8x24 etc.), software release, type of voice mail(startalk, flash, nam etc.). Can you provide this information?

Sorry, I should have included that...

Norstar Flash 2.0.10
CICS 4.0

Select on Forward No Answer the extension for your voice-mail (the same one you'll get when you dial Feature 985). After you're done, select the number of rings for the Forward No Answer to take effect. Good Luck!

Ok, I changed the forward no answer to a different extension. This works, but I still get the voicemail of the previous extension. I would like to have everything go to a different mailbox if there is no answer. Do I need to delete the mailbox number of the first extension so the other one will accept messages?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back