Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Forward Internal Extension To Fax Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mklein76

Technical User
Jun 12, 2006
US
We have the CS1000E and T. I direct external calls to the fax server using cdp entries to route to the TIE line connected to the fax server which is on the T side. I have phantom 500 sets built to dcfw to the old analog ports on our old fax server but I still want to retain the ability for internal callers to dial the internal extension to get to the new fax server. How do I route that internal extension over the virtual trunks from the E side to the T side to hit the fax server? I'd rather not dcfw to the external number and have it go out and come back in.

Matt
CS1000E VoIP
CCM 6
CallParrot
CallPilot

i would use a maxp 1 acd..

new
acd
acddn xxxxx
cust 0
maxp 1
ncfw 9xxx4444

that works internal and external.. if it works int but not ext, either try acod instead of ext.. or check the inbound trunks ncos.. that ncos has to be high enough to make the call.. might require an rlb just for that number with a zero frl.. trunk type should not even be a factor ip vs tdm

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back