Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to force Impromptu to move to next page,based on number of lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobg4u

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2003
CA
Hi,
I have a Form that has a List report on the top and a Form at the bottom.The Bottom form has the summary (the Header Information),and the List Report on the top has the details (Detail Line Info).If the number of detail lines is greater than 25,I want Impromptu to go to the next page.The summary form shouldn't print multiple times i.e if the report is running into 2 pages,then on the first page I want it to print 'NULL' across the form,and on the second page I want it to print the actual Header info.
Can this be done in Impromptu? I know there's not a straight-forward solution to this, but mayeb someone can come with a great idea!

Thanks for the help!

Hi Bob,

Maybe ...create a calculated column containing the row numbers (1-n) for the listframe. Create a second calculated column and set the value to some arbitrary literal (ie: "PAGE1") if the count is less than/equal 25. Group by this item. Set the Page Break option within the Properties window (Layout tab) to "page break after"

Put your Summary info in the footer of which ever group item you choose.

ps. This part of your message was confusing for me... "if the report is running into 2 pages,then on the first page I want it to print 'NULL' across the form,and on the second page I want it to print the actual Header info."

Thanks,
Roland

In a case like yours, I generally use the left and right sides of the report to show the summary and the detail. I do not use the top and bottom approach precisely for the reason that you are not able to.

It's a lot of work formatting the detail and summary on the left and right but it should work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back