Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to For Download Window to NOT Disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2001
US
Some time ago, I noticed the status window that shows the download progress bar, rate, etc, would disappear after the download was complete.
I know this is not the default behavior, normally that window stays there, saying "download complete", allowing me to choose to "open" or "open folder". This second option is what I really miss, being able to hit that button and open a window in the folder containing that file.

I'm sure there is a simple reg fix for this, does anyone know how to force the download window to stay?

Which download program are you using?

For Firefox, just click Tools -> Options -> Downloads, then untick "Close the Download Manager ...".

Its IE 6.0 SP1. I see there is an option in the Advanced menu called "notify when downloads complete", I'll have to check on that setting when I get home.

That turned out to be the culprit. I rechecked the box, and now the window stays there after the download completes. Can't explain how it got unchecked in the first place, though...

In the downloads box there is a tick box for close this dialog box when download completes. Maybe you checked this at some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back