Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Fix Firefox Freezing Issue In Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedwhite

Technical User
Dec 7, 2019
IN
Whenever I want to use the Mozilla Firefox browser on my Windows 10 PC, Firefox freezing Issue makes it using very difficult. Due to security privacy really I want to use Firefox. But I don’t know why this is happening and how to fix this issue. Can anyone provide any suggestion, it will be greatly appreciated.

You could try making sure you're on the latest version first. HELP > ABOUT FIREFOX and it will tell you if you need an update.
Turn off your extensions temporarily and restart Firefox to see if they were causing the issue.
Finally reset, but you do risk losing things. Please read: Link

I'm not sure about your statement "for security I want to use Firefox". It would be a hot debate as to whether Firefox has any better security than Edge/Chrome. One thing going for you though, fewer people now use Firefox and the bad guys try to concentrate their efforts on the browsers that the most people use. More bang for their effort. With that said, I still use Firefox.

Thanks for replying. I have already figured out the cause of the issue. Yesterday I found this after searching around and tried disabling the hardware acceleration feature. Once I did it, firefox stopped freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back