Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find running groups with no session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpatt

Technical User
Feb 13, 2003
GB
Folks,
We frequently get groups that are running that have no active sessions and I want to write something in PERL that will check lots of servers and identify which servers have groups running that have no sessions active. I've already got a PERL script that uses NSRADMIN to check which servers have active groups but I can't figure out how to get a list of which sessions are active. I think I could get what I want from NSRWATCH on a Unix system but we're windows. Is there a Legato tool that will tell me which sessions are currently running on a server?

Why not check the monitor Tab in Networker admin, if your groups are still running and no sessions are showing, i believe the clients may be stuck, i have this problem with a client that does that frequintly draging the rest of the group down.
This was related to the Jukebox attached to the cleint that caused the server backups to hang, when the jukebox was shutdown the client backed up fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back