Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find out if the Extension is plugged in or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucky101

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2006
AU
Hey Guys/Gals

i know how to stat a card to see if it's equipped or not, my question is can you stat a card to tell you if a extension is active on that port or not.

Any Help is Greatly Appreciated

Not a card but in LD 32 "idu l s c u". Works for digital and IP sets unit by unit. Digital TNs will normally be disabled in the Midnights if they are not plugged in.

Along the lines of detection, for analog sets (or even internal/external modems and faxes) the method is to measure current in series when ringing. If there is a load (device), more current will exist. Due to loop resistance, some current exists either way.

You almost have to set up a test and compare a TN with an existing device to a TN that has no device. Use those readings as benchmarks.

With a good analog meter set to mA, you can even detect an internal modem, so that's the optimal "device exists" benchmark.

If you mean "active" as "on a call" - use LD80

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

thanks for that guys, i disabled that midnight routine i think it causes more problems than fixes

ghtrout..can you please explain why someone would want to disable LD 32 as a midnight routine and does this really cause more problems than it should. thanks.

The only thing LD32 can do in DROL is test Message Lamps on analog sets. It is a time consuming and generally unhelpful routine. It can also delay the running of the higher overlay numbers that run. DROLs run in numeric order.

I'm not sure it even applies to newer Analog Message Waiting Line Cards - that I may be wrong on.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

OK. Thanks ghtrout. I've disabled it as we don't have very many analog sets at our sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back