Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to find an extension from the DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlyon

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2006
Hello,

Does anyone know how to obtain the extension when the only thing you have to work with is the Direct Dial-in number?

Assuming their extensions don't match their did's. You can either go in to the lines and see if they have assigned the extensions related to that line as the prime set. If not, you'll probably have to go in to the lines and get the recieve digits from each target line, once you find the one you're looking for go into the sets and see which one has that target line assigned to it. OR, you could always just call it and see where it rings :eek:)

ajNtek
[ponytails]

Go to the set in question, dial feature * 0 and hit an intercom button. It should display the correct extension number for you.

Phonehed in Dallas

Sorry, here's a little background:

A. I am new to this system.
B. The system was not documented.
C. I am a novice with this type of phone system. Not totally inexperienced, but I am not sure of the paths to certain things.

After some changes to the system wiring (which is unusually bad at this location) it no longer rings. I cannot connect from the outside, I just get a busy signal. so this tells me that the line is disconnected.
The extensions don't match the DID's. i.e mine is xxx-xxx-0417 and the extension is 248.

This is an example of what I have under "Lines"

Trunk/Line data
> Trunk Type:pRI
> Line type: PRI-A
>PrimeSet:221

Name N/A

Restrictions N/A

You need to be looking at your target lines, not your physical trunks.

If everything changed after you rewired, you may have rewired incorrectly.

This is the kind of stuff you really should have a skilled technician doing for you though.

Phonehed in Dallas

Thanks.

Everything wasn't rewired, just a few lines. I had a professional come in for assistance on that. The biggest issue in this place is A. the lack of documentation and B. the mish-mash of wiring. However, I won't be able to learn this if I call a technician for every little thing.

Yeah it is kind of difficult (to say the least) to try and train 'em here. :)

Phonehed in Dallas

Give a little background on this. Is it a CICS or a MICS? What software level is it? Do you have a PRI? Do you have analog DID's? Your original question has been answered but your problem is deeper than that. You need to explain your problem in much more detail.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

If he was re-wiring the lines then it is probably not your PRI that you should be looking at. Do you have copper trunks comming into the system?

Phonehed,

Understood. Thank you for your input.

-------------------

DigitelD,

Norstar Plus Modular ICS
System Version: 30NdG04
Yes, I have a PRI
digital DID's using ATA's.

-------------------

hawks,

See above.

You might try this:
Go into programming and into 'Lines'
Select Line 145 (this is the first target line)
Enter and scroll to 'Rcv'd Digits'
Document the info
Repeat for Lines 146 etc, until you start finding the
target lines without received digits.
You now have some documentation for your DIDs. Since you
knew the DID for your extension, you probably know the
extension (DN) that matches the 'lost' DID. If so, go
into 'Terminals and Sets' select the DN you want, then
'Line Access" and enter the target line number from your
list. Select 'Appear and Ring.'

Status
Not open for further replies.