Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to feed XML to the pinging source...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommytx

Programmer
Nov 27, 2002
US
I have no idea where to ask this question.... so maybe some one can steer me to where this question should be asked.

I am in the process of designing a new pinger to ping a system to let them know a blog has been updated.. So in order not to aggravate the pinging companies out there, I am trying to devise a php program or something that I can place on a site that I own and ping to my hearts desire and not bother anyone during the testing process..

(In other words I am designing a new pinger and need a testing base to ping.)

About the 100 times I ping a real company I will be banned forever... and I just don't want to piss them off anyway..

Below is an example of the XML code that a normal pinger website sends to me when I ping them... This particular one is a fail response, but the only thing I need is someone to steer me as to how to place the file on my server so I can ping it and get back what ever response I insert into the file...

<?xml·version="1.0"?>
<methodResponse><params><param><value><struct>
<member><name>message</name>
<value>Can't&#32;accept&#32;the&#32;ping&#32;
because&#32;the&#32;URL&#32;must&#32;begin&#32;
with&#32;<name>flerror</name><value><boolean>1</boolean>
</value></member></struct></value></param>
</params></methodResponse>

1. Can I put this in the root of a directory and call it index.php then have the php use echo "all above" when the file is called....
2. Do I have to send all of this stuff in the header??
3. Can I send the name of the file on my server in the header and then send it that way...
4. I am completely in the dark as to how to do this.... I am avid programmer in PHP but have little to no experience with XML.

If anyone can help I would forever be in your debt...
Thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back