Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to extract data from DBGrid in the external application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xomka

Programmer
Jan 25, 2011
RU
Good day to everyone!

I have an application (without its source code, but I have no any doubt that it was written in C++ Builder) with DBGrid object in it. This DBGrid has data about cars characteristics. My task is to write an application (in C++ Builder), which has to extract price of the selected car model and to make some calculations using this data. This extractions have to be made in the real time, i.e. if user choose another car model (which correspondingly has another price value), my application will have to automatically make appropriate calculations and show result in its window. The problem is that I can't get an access to this DBGrid object by my application. I only got the handler of DBGrid window by FindWindow function, but it has no any child inside, so I don't know how to extract price values using it. Of course, it can be mistaken mind, and there is another decision which can help me to achieve the result which I want.

I searched all over the Internet and haven't found the decision of my problem. So, any help will be very appreciated. Thanks

Sorry for my bad English :)
Vadim

Did you find a solution? You may want to try BCB Forums.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

No, I'm still in searches. Actually, I asked this question in many forums, but have no any answers at all. Maybe the problem is unsolvable, or I formulated it in a bit difficult way :) Anyway, thanks for this link, I haven't asked this question there yet. Hope, they'll help me. And of course, if I'll find a solution, I'll write it here.

Vadim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back