Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to extract data from an object???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
I'm trying to implement some js code that dynamically resize a referenced/uploaded image and then send the result via an ajax call to a host program.
The host program receives the information in the $_POST array and the element in question is the $_POST[photo_name] => data:
and I just cannot seem to extract anything for writing/storing as a file.
Hopefully some of you php gurus are familiar with this process and can shed some light on the process?
Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide.
[ponder]

How are you sending the data in POST?

What exactly is your Js code doing to get the image data in the POST array?

What happens if you do a var_dump of the $_POST['data'] variable?

You really need to provide more details about what you are doing before anyone can venture any sort of guess.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
OS-ception: Running Linux on a Virtual Machine in Windows which itself is running in a Virtual Machine on Mac OSx.

Web & Tech

Check this out

There are many classes out there that do this - Just look at them, try to understand how they fit your need and choose one that works for you.

Now, that leaves the "how to call upon it" ...

You mentioned "referenced/uploaded" image; this is where I would look into where I can inject the use of chosen class.

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back