Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export from dbf files to MariaDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

capri1966

Programmer
May 13, 2010
ES
Hi, i would know how can export data and structure from dbf files to MariaDB or MySql. Has every one an example about this ?

The best tool VFP has to offer on such a subject is the SQL Server Upsizing wizard.

And the best version of it is this one:
It's specifically about MS SQL Server, but
1. IT shouldn't be hard to adapt this to MySQL
2. You could go to a MS SQL Express server and then use tools for MSSQL to MySQL, which surely exist.

I would say it's also not hard to create an SQL script from a VFP database that mimmicks what MySQL Dump does by creating an SQL script that has section of DDL commands (CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLEs, etc) and then lots of Insert statements. Though output of CSV for input into empty tables might be more to the point. That's why MySLDump isn't actually the most effective migration tool.

I think you could also turn it around and look for import tools in the MySQL Workbench. Via ODBC it could connect to a VFP DBC or directory of free DBFs. I haven't worked with MySQL for a long time, but indeed there is tooling I used to migrate from one to another MySQL server via the Workbench.

Chriss

Chris Miller said:
I think you could also turn it around and look for import tools in the MySQL Workbench.

I've also used PHP-MyAdmin and MySQL-Front.

Regards,

David (G4NVB)

Recreational Developer and End User of VFP for my own personal use in 'Amateur Radio' and 'British Railways' related Applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back