Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to expand a text block in one direction : Visio 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gympie

Technical User
Aug 10, 2007
NL
Hello,

I have a second question regarding a text block of a shape I try to design. In general when the contents of a text block of a shape gets more lines of text the TxtHeight property changes but also the location of the text block. The center of the text box stays in the same position, which means that the top goes up and the bottom moves down. What I would like is that only the bottom moves down (or only the top moves up) and the other side remains in a fixed location.

I've tried to use the TxtPinY property of the ShapeSheet and include a formula that involves the TxtHeight property or the TEXTHEIGHT function but the property does not seem to accept that.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Thanks again for the effort!
Stefan.

Your problem is the cell TxtLocPinY. It's default value is set to be half the height of the text, set this to some other value that is not dependant on half the height.

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

John,
Thanks! You put me on the right track. Indeed I missed the fact that the TxtLocPinY is the one that changes as soon as the number of lines in the text block changes. Setting it to a fixed value of '0' made it respond exactly as I wanted.
Cheers,
Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back