Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to equip or program new digital card. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jortizoconnor

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2005
US
How to equip or program new digital card. After putting the new card in and enlc. What next? The light still shows red, because card is uequipped.

>ld 32
NPR000
.stat 4 0 5
00 = UNIT 00 = UNEQ
01 = UNIT 01 = UNEQ
02 = UNIT 02 = UNEQ
03 = UNIT 03 = UNEQ
04 = UNIT 04 = UNEQ
05 = UNIT 05 = UNEQ
06 = UNIT 06 = UNEQ
07 = UNIT 07 = UNEQ
08 = UNIT 08 = UNEQ
09 = UNIT 09 = UNEQ
10 = UNIT 10 = UNEQ
11 = UNIT 11 = UNEQ
12 = UNIT 12 = UNEQ
13 = UNIT 13 = UNEQ
14 = UNIT 14 = UNEQ
15 = UNIT 15 = UNEQ
16 = UNIT 16 = UNEQ
17 = UNIT 17 = UNEQ
18 = UNIT 18 = UNEQ
19 = UNIT 19 = UNEQ
20 = UNIT 20 = UNEQ
21 = UNIT 21 = UNEQ
22 = UNIT 22 = UNEQ
23 = UNIT 23 = UNEQ
24 = UNIT 24 = UNEQ
25 = UNIT 25 = UNEQ
26 = UNIT 26 = UNEQ
27 = UNIT 27 = UNEQ
28 = UNIT 28 = UNEQ
29 = UNIT 29 = UNEQ
30 = UNIT 30 = UNEQ
31 = UNIT 31 = UNEQ

How do I equip or add TNs/sets etc..

Thanks.

Jortiz

Go ahead and build a set on any of the first 16 (0-15) TN's. Once you have a set built, the light will go away.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

new or cpy a set to it, quick way

ld 11
cpy 1
x x x x (your tn)
4 0 5 0
1234 (a new dn)

it's done

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

tell your boss you need a raise

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LOL.. i'm working on it (the raise)! Hey when I installed a new card in another slot and tried to enable it. this is what I get!?

enlc 4 0 4
CARD UNEQ

the card is good I just tested it on 4 0 5. Any suggestions?

jortiz

This is normal response from the system. It is possible the system had a card in slot 4 0 5 at one time, thus the response showing the 32 posrts unequipped. The card is still good, and if you build a set on 4 0 4 0 you would see the same thing you saw after you built a set on 4 0 5. Do not be alarmed by what you see, the system is mearly reporting that there are no physical posrts programmed on that slot. Stat 4 0 5 now that there is no card in the system, and you will still see what you programmed there, possibily even still enabled.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

This is normal response from the system. It is possible the system had a card in slot 4 0 5 at one time, thus the response showing the 32 ports unequipped. The card is still good, and if you build a set on 4 0 4 0 you would see the same thing you saw after you built a set on 4 0 5. Do not be alarmed by what you see, the system is mearly reporting that there are no physical ports programmed on that slot. Stat 4 0 5 now that there is no card in the system, and you will still see what you programmed there, possibily even still enabled.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

scott repeats himself a lot, any card will install itself if you build or copy a set to it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry about that, got an OOPS message the first time I hit submit.

Sorry about that, got an OOPS message the first time I hit submit.

(Never seen a web server respond with an OOPS before)

Thanks guys, it was just a normal response as stated above. The new card is now functional and I am now adding sets to it.

Thanks,

jortiz

PS. Scott seems to be trigger happy.

Not at all, I only drink 8-10 cups of coffe a day, so it is really just a nervous tick.

Glad it all worked out OK. That is what this forum is for, and I am a HUGE believer in the powers of many users and experts. I do get funny looks at Nortel user group meetings when I recommend this web site as one of the best places for help and troubleshooting.

Scott M.

This site has saved me LOTS of money from our phone vendor. I recommend this site to all I know need assistance on their PBX, before calling their vendor. Thanks again.

jortiz

me to, then i don't have to drive all the way over for a simple change.. but your right, it saves a decent amount over time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back