Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to enlarge a binary image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have problem with Character matching.
for example:
a given 16*14 binary image letter "A"
another given 18*13 binary image letter "A"
another 23*24 binary image letter "A"
to tell if they are the same, I need to enlarge them to the same size and then compare them. like all enlarge to 64*64.
any one know how to enlarge these images?
many thanks,
HJinfu Li

I'm not quite sure what you mean by binary image (unless you mean two colour or something) but to physically change the size of the image go:

Image\Resize and then enter the pixel size in the top box.

If the letters are part of a larger image then it may be best to use the rectangle selector (or crop tool, etc) to cut a precise outline around the letter, just touching the right, left, top, bottom of the character - and then do your resize.

One easy way of comparing something like this is to do the resize and then put all three letters into a single image, but on seperate layers. Then reduce the opacity of the top two layers and you will see where they match and where they don't!

If this made sense - good luck!

X-)

PetitPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back