Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to end an Interview Service call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdbsti

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
US
Greetings all,

I have a KX-TD816 w/ TVS-50 setup with an interview service.

My question is how do you end an interview session?
I only use 4 of the ten questions available. The record times are all set ok.
The thank you (last) message needs to have a hang up tone generated, (or programmed to end the call) How do I achieve this with the TVS?

T.I.A.

Bruce

Just revisiting this question..any input much appreciated!

Bruce

Just checked the Manual this is all that it says on the interview service (Australian Model)
5.2.9 Interview Service
The subscriber can leave a series of prerecorded questions (up to 10) for the caller in an
Interview Mailbox. As the caller answers questions, answers are recorded in the mailbox. After
a caller records the answers, the interview mailbox lights a message waiting lamp. When
retrieving the messages, the subscriber only hears the answers to the questions.
There are 2 ways to access an interview mailbox:
• Assign an interview mailbox to an existing mailbox
• Assign a port as an interview mailbox
To structure an interview mailbox:
1. From the System Administration Top Menu, Type [1-1-1 Mailbox number-1].
(Program - Mailbox Setting - Enter/Edit - Mailbox number - Mailbox setting).
2. Enter the mailbox number that is to be assigned to the interview mailbox.
This should be an existing mailbox number for the person who responds to the questions.
3. At "6. Interview Mailbox Number "parameter, enter a nonexistent mailbox number. This
will be the interview mailbox for this subscriber — please make a written note of it for
future reference. It will not show up in Mailbox Listing. If, at a later time, you want to delete
the interview mailbox, press backspace at "6. Interview Mailbox Number".
4. Exit System Administration Programming.
5. Record the questions by entering the subscriber's mailbox. Call the VPS and Press [#6 ] +
the mailbox number assigned to the interview mailbox. From the Main Menu Press [6-1].
Note
When using the Custom Service setting, 1 digit can be assigned to go to the mailbox
of the Interview Service. The mailbox owner's message waiting lamp will go on for
normal Voice Mail messages and for messages left in the separate interview mailbox.

Thanks for your post Trotski,

I have the system set up per your description. All works fine, MWL comes on, messages can be retrieved, etc.

The problem I'm experiencing is there is only four questions in the sequence. After the caller has recorded the four answers the TVS takes them back to the start and asks them the questions again. If the user doesn't hang up after the final message, they get confused and re-record their answers. I could record the final message to "Please hang up now" or similar, but would prefer to have a "Thank you and goodbye" followed by a disconnect.

I'll keep looking for an answer and post it back here if I get it sorted.

Cheers, Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back