Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Enable Scrolling 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambrums

Instructor
Jun 13, 2006
US
I've been using procomm for a few months now and one of the things that has bugged me is not being able to scroll in procomm by simply turning the scroll wheel. This is what I have come up with as a workaround that seems to work great!

First I noticed that the key combination ALT+UP ARROW and ALT+DOWN ARROW allows you to scroll up and down...so I got to thinking that there has to be a simple program out there that could remap the scroll wheel to send those key combinations when you turn the scroll wheel...also the program should only do it when you are in procomm and leave the normal behavior of the scroll wheel alone when your not...

So I found a program called Mouse Wheel Control which you can downlaod here:

Once you've downloaded the program simply start it up...it appears in your system tray... double click on it and you'll see the following window:

mwcmain.jpg

Next click on add and you'll see the following window:

optionsbefore.jpg

If you look in the top left hand corner of the window you will see a bullseye...simply drag that bullseyse to the title bar of the procomm window and it will autofill in the fields for you..
Next check the box that says class name and in the wheel up and wheel down fields simly hold down alt and press the up arrow or down arrow ...When your done it looks like this:

optionsafter.jpg

Now click the OK BUTTON on both windows and you are done. You are now able to scroll using the mouse wheel in procomm

The program only uses like 300-700 kb of memory and automatically starts up when windows starts by default...so once you configure it you don't have to think about it anymore.

Note: This program expires in 30 days unless you buy it...if anyone can tell me of another program that is totally free or can write one using a programming language that would be great! Let me know!

I could have sworn that this was available in PC 4.7 but when I upgraded to 4.8, it went a way. I'm so glad that you posted this! I just wish it were freeware but IMO it's well worth the price.

good find!!!! if i could install programs on my work PC, i would get that in a heartbeat!!! anyone have an option for someone who is not granted admin rights?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back