Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to enable Java Virtual Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue143

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
GB
My browser won't let me use Java Virtual Machine which means some sites won't work and I can't use my online banking. I've tried going into Tools, Options, Advanced etc. but the Java tick box isn't included. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Some people have reported problems with the Sun Java such as incompatability with certain websites and slowdowns. If this occurs the MS JVM, although no longer obtainable from MS as mrsdotcom says can be downloades from various 3rd party sites. I do not have a link here but entering JVM or Java Virtual Machine in a google search should find something All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

It's still in the Browser... Since you are running XP, you should be running IE 6.. go to the Internet Options/Advanced page and just place a check mark in the Microsoft VM boxes... two require a restart of the browser... should work, I had to decommision the Sun applet...

debonairOne

dboneanime.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back