Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to enable Internet usage in Terminal Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixlu

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
SG
Hi, I have installed a terminal server, my administrator account can access internet, but the user account can not.Can anyone tell me how to enable the users to access internet in Win2000 Terminal Server?

Interesting question! You can try to figure out Why users can not access the Internet: Enable Full Auditing (or choose the required options) in the system. Then log on as a user and try to access the internet. Examine Audit logs.
It's better to do it at out of working time + don't forget to disable audit after the experements.

Hope it will help you.

Victor K
psas@canada.com
MCSE+I;MCSA;MCSE(w2k);CNE(5.1);MCNE(6);CIWSP;CIWSA.

Hi,VictorKozlov, thanks for your suggestion. But becasue I am a totally new comer in Terminal Server,Could u tell me step by step how to Enable Full Auditing in Termial server?Is that related to system Policy? By the way,if u know, please tell me how to set the system Policy for Win2k Terminal Server? Becasue I can not find the "System Policy Editor"in the administrator tools, while NT has it.

Hi Phoenixlu!
There is no PolEdit in W2k. You must use Group Policy for Local Machine. (use MMC to add a respective snapin)
There under CompConf/WindSett/securitysett/localpol/audit you can enable audit for local server.
then under your bootdrive /properties/security /advanced/auditing you can choose the required user account and set the necessary marks.
so... you know it... just the (almost :)) same as in WNT.

Hope it will be useful.

Good luck

Victor K
psas@canada.com
MCSE+I;MCSA;MCSE(w2k);CNE(5.1);MCNE(6);CIWSP;CIWSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back