Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to enable encryption on cloning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

AES encryption was added in networker 7.3 and all encryption is done on the client side. If you only want to encrypt your clones you'll have to use a hardware encryption appliance.

I don't have any personal experience of this, hopefully someone else can pop in and enlighten us!

The companies having these appliances I know about are decru, neoscale and crossroads. There are most certainly more of those, but should at least be a start.

I did some homework a while back and selected NeoScale CyrptoStor Tape 700:
I have yet to order a couple of the units. I spoke with one of their techy/sales types and they said that their box can encrypt with keys each unique to each tape volume.

Note that you may need two of the devices: One for production, the other needs to stay with your offsite tapes unless your disaster recovery site has the same identical hardware.

Don't leave key management out of your plans either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back