Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to enable CE XI destination server

Status
Not open for further replies.

kate8

Programmer
Feb 14, 2001
US
I need to schedule a group of reports running automatically monthly and export to an external destination. We are using CE XI. I have admin right in CMC and InfoView. I can run the report, but cannot send the report to where I want the report to be exported to. When I ran the report with the destination, I got error: destination DLL disabled.:CrystalEnterprise.Smtp
I know I need to enable this functionality. I saw the “destinationjobserver” under CMC Servers. May I just check that server name and click Enable? Or I need to do other configurations. Since it is a production server, I have to be very careful. If it is complicate, I need to send a request to have administrator to do it. But I want to make sure…
Thanks a lot for any helps!!

Hi,
Enabling the server is the first step, then
configure the destination path, making sure that the CE servers are running under an account that has full file system rights to that location.

That should do it.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thank you so much,Turkbear!!

How to configure the destination path? I am reading the Administrato's Guide, but still not clear.
Thanks!!

Hi,
In the CMC there will be a tab for setting those things..
Click on the destination server after enabling it.

(Haven't been in a CMC for a while but it is in there)

[profile]

Hi again,
forum contributor hilfy has posted detailed info that process ( it was in reply to an error issue with another server but the steps about setting the destination apply):
hilfy said:
14 Mar 08 17:37
This means that the "Unmanaged Disk" destination has not been "turned" on for your system. This has to be done in two places in the Central Management Console (CMC).

1. Log in to the CMC and click on "Servers". The list of services will come up.

2. Click on "Destination Server". Go to the "Destinations" tab, check "Unmanaged Disk" and then click on the Enable button.

3. Repeat step 2 for each "Crystal Reports Job Server" (you will have one or more.)

You say that you are scheduling to a "mapped" drive. Is that drive mapped on your local computer or on the report server? The reports run on the server and know nothing about what's on your local machine. So, if the mapped drive is mapped from your workstation, you'll need to save to a UNC file path. Also, the user account that is running the report services MUST have access to write the file to the folder unless you specify that it log in as another (network) user when saving the file.

[profile]

Turkbear,

Thanks again!!
I found it. It is under properties-destination-Unmanaged Disk Destination. I need to talk to my administrator and see if he is ok for me to do it.

Thank you!!

Hi Turkbear,

When I replied, I didn't see your "hilfy" one.
After read through his post, I found another issue in my case. He mentioned that if schedule to a mapped drive, then will need to save it to a UNC file path, but didn't explain how to save to a UNC file path.I need to export to a share drive too(it is not on the report server).
Do you have any idea?

Thank you!!

Turkbear,

Thank you so much!!!

Hi,
Glad to help..We've all been there at one time.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back