Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to eliminate Batch scripts from compressing all files

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelKirk

Technical User
Nov 22, 2006
US
I am using Paint Shop Pro X (just switched to XI)

I am having issues with saving documents using batch process and running a script (I'm pretty sure these are issues - correct me if I am wrong).

I will have a new unprocessed file - say file size is 2020k
I will run a simple script in PSPX and save file - file size 2133k now
I will batch process the file using the exact same script and now when the file is saved (overwrite) the file size is 523k. For the life of me I cannot figure out why?

Is the only way to save uncompressed files with a batch is to srite the save option into the script?

I am also having issues with Photo Album cropping

I can crop an image in PSPX - save and file size (original 2020k) will be 941k, do the EXACT same crop in Photo Album and saved file will be 760k.

Anyone have any ideas?
I assume I have been uploading my photographs on my website (for sales) with NOT best photograph quality available for prints.

I am asking, because I am no computer expert
Thanks

Michael

What format are you saving these images in?

If it's jpeg, the level of compression that you choose will have a big impact on file size. If your script doesn't explicitly set this compression level when saving, it will use its default level - giving a different file size.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back